Stolen Summer

Stolen Summer - S.A. Meade

Stolen Summer is a beautifully written book that grabbed me from the first page and wouldn't let go till I'd read the last word. If I'd realized when I started the book that I'd end up reading till 3:00 a.m., I would've started it much sooner. But bleary-eyed and tired today seems a small price to pay for such a wonderful book. I love Evan and Colin's story and was pulling for their happy ending from the beginning. I especially loved Colin's tenderness and patience in dealing with Evan after his traumatic ordeal in Pakistan. There were several parts that really had my heart twisting, but when Evan calls his parents and Colin after his rescue, I was just sobbing. Transitioning from friends-to-lovers, themes of healing and unconditional love were written sensitively, realistically, and compassionately. The story was gripping and engaging, the characters were layered and multi-dimensional, and the prose was beautiful and clear. Stolen Summer is one of my favorite books this year. I'll definitely be searching out more titles from this author.